Saturday, September 5, 2009

LIFE FROM MY PERSPECTIVE LATELY

I'm almost back from the "walking dead". This has been one horrible month but there is light at the end of the tunnel if I can keep my kidney functioning properly. Having my body chock-full of iodine and being on a forced liquid reduction seems to be affecting the actual bloodwork numbers. What else could go wrong? I've never worked harder at sending my body positive health affirmations (except for when my daughter had open-heart surgery when she was 21). Life seems to be filled with twists and turns, ups and downs. I guess it's all part of the plan. A little bad makes you appreciate the good all that much more. I'm just ready for some good--and soon!

First thing on my menu on Monday is a poached egg and toast with BUTTER! Foods that I have been denied of include all dairy, all bread products, fish, beans, anything bottled, canned, or processed. This doesn't leave many food choices. Especially when even chicken and beef have started making you sick just to think of. I haven't had any of these in over a month. I've been making a mental list of potential foods; at least they are the ones I seem to be craving, and YES--they all contain proabably a great deal of salt and bad things for me. Things like pizza, chow mein, mochas, yummy bread, oatmeal, and most of all: my sister's home made Lemon Supreme Pie! OMG--it is to die for (well, don't want that--the dying part--but the pie? YES! Gooey macaroni and cheese sounds great too. It's bad that the things you crave are also so bad for you. Maybe not so bad for us if we do them in moderation though. I just can't make a steady diet of them, that's for sure.

So, can't wait to be back in the world, able to go for a walk, taking pictures of all things around me. Life is good and I'm not going to give up on it. Too many things to do remain.


6 comments:

  1. So glad you're on your way back Teri. I'll be sending you some positive energy. Hopefully you'll be taking walks and pictures soon. Life is good and you have given me the notion to appreciate the good in my life that i sometimes take for granted. Thank you for that. Love your positive perspective! Enjoy that poached egg and toast and butter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the wellness you need Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are slowly but surely on the mend. Remember, art is healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is good and staying focused on the good is so important...sending healing thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're slowly emerging from this difficult month Teri. And sorry to tease you with all the food descriptions in my Five Senses Friday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. teri, i have been thinking about you, but believe it or not i am just now checking your blog... it sounds like you've been through quite the 'thing'... boy, i'm glad you're on the mend... well at least i hope you still are!!! here it is the 17th already! for what it's worth i have left off almost all processed food in the last couple of months and i feel so much better for it. i'm already a vegetarian and eat very little processed stuff, but what little i did eat (tofu, frozen corn, half and half in my coffee, etc.) evidently was not good for my body. can you eat baked winter squash, yams, potatoes - that kind of thing? with olive oil on them instead of butter (and a little non processed salt)? they're very satisfying for me...

    i am sending you love and thinking about you sweet woman...

    lynne

    ReplyDelete