Sunday, March 22, 2009

SPRING?


Yes, Spring WAS here but has now pulled the covers over her head and crawled back in bed. Today, I woke up to snow! It is a good thing that I picked bouquets of daffodils the other day. Today they will be hanging their heads in the snow and by tomorrow their heads will be splattered with red dirt.

Here is a photo of my studio that I won't be going out to play in today thanks to the snow. I have heat out there but it just doesn't seem like a place that I want to be today. Today is the kind of day that makes you want to sit inside, make a cup of tea, read a good book or watch a good movie. That is what I will be doing today...watching movies and staying cozy warm inside.

As an artist, I am always wrestling with where to find my inspiration; my muse. It's surprising where the ideas come from sometimes and when they choose to make themselves appear. It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Serendipity. Inspiration is sometimes just around the next bend. Or under the next snowflake.

Perhaps when Spring decides to get out of bed the colors will start to flow. Nature has a way of bursting out just at the right time. I think I will burst forth also, just when it is right for me also.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed here too, but didn't do it long enough to stick. Sun came out and we worked in the yard. Love you Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive