Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yesterday we drove to Merced and parked next to this park where we waited for Abby and Tracy to drive up with our new "guy". Tracy and her daughter exited their car with this beautiful, white (did I say white?) bundle of joy. We played around in the park a bit, talked with Tracy and Abby for awhile, and all of us got to know each other. And, it wasn't a really hot day so that made it easier to spend time outside and not in an air-conditioned car.





He now belongs to us and we adore him. It is a bit of an adjustment because we haven't had a dog in our house for over a year but because he is older (14-months old) and so we think that he will adjust very easily and quickly. We will have to practice our training skills. Hello Ceasar...we need your help.



So, then we had to bid Tracy and Abby farewell. You can see that he really loves them and I hope that he ends up loving us just as much one day. The last picture is our new Standard Poodle, whom we affectionately now call Bodhi, in our yard this morning. I will be posting new pictures as I get around to it. He likes my computer: he hit the keys this morning with his paw and deleted everything that I had already typed out. It's kind of like having a baby in the family!


2 comments:

  1. Awww! I had a gray poodle when I was growing up and he was a very obedient, good dog. And very light, I remember, compared to my brute of a lab mix ;) Congratulations! You're going to love playing with him I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he is gorgeous. Love the name too. Perfect. Lucky dog. Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive