Thursday, August 6, 2009

OLD FRIENDS AND NEW

It's Thursday. We woke up with the sky all filled with clouds and it has been cold all day. It was a good day for making a big pot of soup, sewing on my treadle sewing machine, and talking on the phone.

In the corner of my bedroom I have a board that has many postcards from friends. I love my postcard collection because it reminds me not only of some of the places that I have not been (and some that I have) but also, it reminds me of some of my friends. On the table in front of all these postcards is a photo of a dear friend of mine who passed away a couple of years ago. She is in the photo with her husband and the photo was done when they first fell in love, way before 1950. It is a sort of altar for Lela Mae. There are things there that she has given me and also a photo of me and her together. It reminds me of all the good times I had with her and I miss her to this day.




This is a picture of my bed and over my bed is the wonderful painting that Lynne Hoppe made for me and sent to me as a surprise. I talked about it a few posts back. Such a wonderful surprise and such wonderful art!



You can click on the last photo to see the crow painting close up. Isn't it wonderful? This crow is backed by copper that has been embossed with a design also. I know that it was originally meant to hang outside where the copper would gracefully age and turn a wonderful verdigris color. But...I cannot stand the thought of it being outside getting ruined by all those clouds, rain, and wind. I have moved it twice now since it came to me. For awhile I had it hanging in the bathroom, watching over my claw foot tub. Now, it is over my bed watching over ME! Looking at this CROW every time I am in my bedroom and knowing that it is watching over me when I am sleeping is very reassuring. Thank you, Lynne, for sending him to me. He is working his magic, that's for sure!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely altar for Lela Mae. I hope the crow continues to work his magic for you.
    Hugs, karen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive