Friday, October 21, 2011

TODAY


I WALK ORGANIC SHAPED PATHS
IRREGULAR UNDER FOOT
BORDERED BY GRASS
BY RIVER ROCK
BY CYCLONE FENCE.
ONOMATOPOEIC SOUNDS FORM IN MY HEAD.
THOUGHTS OF MAE
(WIND AND FLOWER)
COME TO ME
WHILE I STROLL WITH PURPOSE.
ONE IS HERE
THE OTHER IS NOT.
THE DEMOISELLE DEPOSITS
PUPA ON TWIG OR LEAF
TILL HIS WINGS ARE SPREAD.
EMERGES COMPLETE INSECT.
I PASS STRANGERS,
SOME WITH DOGS
SOME WITH PARTNERS.
SOME LOOK UP
SAY HELLO
OR GOOD MORNING (AFTERNOON)
SOME WALK QUIETLY PAST
WISHING NOT TO BE NOTICED.
I WALK QUIETLY
THINKING, CONTEMPLATING.
JUXTAPOSITION EXISTS.
THE MEMORIES,
THE ACHE OF LONELINESS
FELT.
BRIGHT LIGHT
ONLY SHINES
WHEN DARKNESS
IS ACCEPTED.
TODAY
I CHOOSE
A DIFFERENT
PATH.


6 comments:

  1. Beaautiful and deep. I think that this is a very personal poem for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Teri. Nice photo too, and your new banner shot is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice...some days it is good to mix things up...and others it is good to make the radical change altogether...enjoyed the walk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You learn different things from different paths. I recommend change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Bright light only shines, when darkness in accepted" I love that line, it called to me. Life is good for me today thank you for this post. Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautifully written. I, too, love the line 'Bright line only shines, when darkness is accepted' as does lilylovekin. I will definitely need a long linger here as it is such a lovely place to visit. penny

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive