Friday, January 8, 2010

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE...

You never know what you find at the entrance to someones house. This display of bones is artfully displayed at the entrance to the house of a friend of mine. He is a contractor and obviously has a keen eye for display. These bones are wrapped with wires, hanging from limbs of trees, and mounted in all sorts of different ways along with assorted metal bands. It's been awhile since I drove down the road toward Michael's house but this display seems to grow each time I see it. I love how it sets the stage for what you will find once you enter his property. It proves to me that you don't have to have a degree in art to be an artist.







2 comments:

  1. We each have our own way of expressing our artistic needs and though viewing these images, some people might not understand the greater meaning behind the spiritual symbolism.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly your friend lives as close to a farm as we do - some of these bones look awfully familiar!
    J assembles things like this too - I never know when a giant skull is going to greet me in the yard.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive