Thursday, January 21, 2010

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

Last week I posted an image of my mailbox and also wrote a poem about it. I know that if you send things out to the universe, the universe answers. The next day, while I was away, B opened up the mailbox and there was a package inside. When I returned home, he told me I had received a package. I immediately opened it and as luck would have it, it was FILLED with two of my most favorite things: hearts and crows! The heart mirror on the right was inside the box, wrapped up in tissue paper, and safe as can be. It now hangs on the wall in my bathroom next to another tin heart and the wire hanger below it that holds two wire baskets. These wonderful gifts were sent to me by Melanie of Secret Notebooks, Wild Pages. Thank you so much, Melanie. Funny thing is that she sent them before she saw my post about my mailbox. Great minds think alike, or so I've heard!
Melanie also sent me these two postcards that she made. She has an online portfolio at this address. She is a VERY talented person who lives and works in Mass. Go check out her blog and her portfolio. I sure you, too, will be impressed. She is very thoughtful, very talented, very sweet. I am happy to call her my friend.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how perfectly the heart mirror goes with your other tin piece — they were meant to be together! So glad you enjoyed the package. The piece you sent me deserves a photo far better than the one's I've managed to take of it inside...now that the frigid temps are rising to the balmy 30's I hope to take it outside for a little photo shoot. Stay tuned, and thanks for your kind words my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that postcard does have a similarity to the photo I posted. There's some very cool blog synchronicity going on!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive