Thursday, September 9, 2010

AN EMAIL FROM MY DAUGHTER

"Always keep your goals away from the trolls"



My daughter opened her fortune cookie last night and this was the fortune. Have you EVER seen a message like THAT? I have a huge box of fortunes that I have saved throughout the years. (I know...it's one of those things I just can't stop "saving"...my therapist would have a field day if she knew about this one!) I get fortunes like:
  • Good news will come to your from far away.
  • A simple kindness today will soon bring you unexpected rewards. (yeah, sure!! It just gets ignored.)
  • You will soon have the opportunity to improve your finances. (Hopefully so.)
  • If you think you can, you can. (I KNOW I CAN!)
  • A new relationship is about to blossom. You will be blessed. (Thank you!)
  • Beauty in its various forms appeals to you.
  • You have a charming way with words and should write a book. (Maybe I will...Rene?)
  • You'll accomplish more later if you have a little fun this weekend. (Sounds good to me)
  • (and finally:) You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands to.
I like fortunes in cookies. They always seem positive, uplifting, hopeful. They don't always come true, but they do give you something to look forward to. But, "Always keep your goals away from the trolls?" I'm not sure how she should take that fortune. I told her she needs to frame it. That fortune is one-in-a-million!





4 comments:

  1. it is a true statement...there are those that will eat your goals if you let them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one! I save my fortunes too. Most are scattered all over the place but lately I've been saving them in a particular envelope in my office. Yeah, more stuff to save, but at least they're small, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny .... and I know of a blogger friend troubled by trolls of late :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive