Tuesday, September 14, 2010

WHAT'S YOUR VERDICT?

Did any of you hear about this on NPR today? Now, you can burn an image of Jesus on to your toast in the morning. "Give us this day our daily bread". How do you feel about it? Hate it? Think it's funny? Blasphemous? Would you pay $40 for it? There are other images available too. Hemp, a peace sign (I'd be more apt to buy one of these myself) to name two. What they won't think of next! The one "saving grace" is the fact that if anyone buys it, it might help them to remember the rest of the passage: "and forgive those who trespass against us". AMEN!

5 comments:

  1. this will probably be a big seller in my over religeous town honestly....they sell jesus buck knives...no joke. i sure hope God has a sense of humor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESUS BUCK KNIVES???? Really??? That makes no sense! Don't they ever ask themselves "what would Jesus do?" I think the answer would be "he wouldn't use a buck knife@!" I guess if you burn the toast though it would give meaning to the swear words "Jesus Christ...I burned my toast!" I'm sure god has a sense of humor...he made us in his image right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, even my late MIL, born again, wouldn't have liked spreading butter over His image! Crass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that someone had Mary on their toast one morning and called it a miracle .... it's just weird

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive