Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WHAT TO DO WHEN THE WEATHER TURNS BAD

Recently, I was browsing through the December issue of "House and Home" (one of my favorite things to do on a rainy day) and saw an article beginning on page 114 titled: "Christmas Classic". The picture below is from page 117 of that article. This photo reminded me so much of a posting by Tess Kincaid over at Willow Manor. (You can see her post here and you will see what I mean). Her post was titled: "Do what you can". So I did!

In particular, I am speaking about the hutch in this photo that is painted black. Black being one of my favorite colors (the other favorite is red), this article (and the fond memory of what Tess had done with her hutch) made me run over to my local Home Depot and purchase a gallon of black paint. This is what I did with that black paint:

And this! Some people would probably think it was a crime to paint over wood but when I spoke to my daughters about the possibility of me doing this they said: "You've had that hutch for years. Go for it. After all, it's just paint." So, for no more than $30 I got an entirely different updated look. So, I say "Celebrate!" just like the cover of "House and Home's" December issue states so boldly in lime green text. What have you got to lose? After all "It's only paint!".


10 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!!! I also love to decorate with black...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black also and many of my pieces of furniture are black. I thnk it looks great alongside wood pieces, or both wood and black paint in the same piece. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nice make over...they turned out really nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love black! and paint can do wonders! I have these two bed side tables and every time I want to switch up the look of my room, I just pain them a different color. :)

    AubrieAnne @ http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, teri! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Teri, I LOVE black furniture!
    I have that same little hand broom, and the floor broom in green too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hutch looks amazing. Wonderful transformation. I have added you to my sidebar and thanks for the kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both look great! I have a pine tallboy that will get a workover this winter. LOVE your chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive