Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SACRED SYMBOLS

For Valentine's Day, my granddaughter made me a card. I thought it was incredible and filled with love but Karen, of "Maggie's Secret Garden" pointed out to me that Natalie has used healing symbols. I found some interesting information at this website. Here is what it says:

"The spiral is an ancient symbol reflecting the universal pattern of growth and evolution. The spiral pattern appears again and again in the natural world from the milky way galaxy to snail shells. The living spiral does not begin or end, it is an ongoing process of innocence, discovery, community, and the essence that connects all things."

There is also a spiral design that appears in the Hamsa/Healing Hand/Hand of Fatima/Kabbalistic Hand/Khamsa. The Hamsa is an ancient symbol of protection used by many cultures. "It is called the Hand of Fatima by Muslims, the Hamsa hand in Arabic and hamesh hand in Hebrew. There is also strong evidence that this symbol predates Judaism and Islam and refers to an ancient Middle Eastern Goddess whose hand ward off the Evil Eye. There is usually an image in the center of the hand: eye, spiral and heart designs are common. The Hamsa's protective energy is said to attract good luck, happiness, riches and good health. As a Reiki healer, this symbol is very dear to me, a representation of Universal Healing Energy being channeled through the hands."

Is it possible that Natalie has channeled something from another time or has some latent ability from a past life that she (in this life) is not yet aware of? I have always thought that Natalie was an old soul. She senses things. She is deeply aware and sensitive. Natalie has been making spirals for the longest time and has a interest in making snails patterns too. I find this unusually interesting. I will definitely keep my eye on it. I'm happy that these spirals represent the process of innocence, discovery, community, and the essence that connects all things. This is what I visualize for Natalie and for all who read this blog.

2 comments:

  1. hmm...intriguing...either way it is neat and should make you feel all warm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is really interesting. I think the kids being born now are really bringing in some powerful energy, and new thought. I have a good feeling about their future.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive