Saturday, August 14, 2010

A REVIEW OF THE PAST FEW DAYS

There must be something going on across the country. M. Heart at Secret Notebooks-Wild Pages posted this and Thursday night while out to dinner with some friends, I see the above. Does someone go around the country selling these kinds of things to restaurants and merchants or do the shop owners just find them?

Then, some creative artwork by one of the waitresses at the restaurant we ate at: South Pine Cafe: www.southpinecafe.com Their card says: Feel the joy! Yes, indeed!

And lastly, today in my MAILBOX (my favorite place) this wonderful note arrived! I am so excited I could BURST!!! Awhile ago, Jen Worden, an incredible artist who lives in Nova Scotia, put out an offer on her blog that if you sent stuff to her and you paid for the shipping, she had the option to use the stuff (or not) and if she did, she would mail it back to you and she would pay for the return shipping. You can read about it here and see what she created for me. I will post pictures of it when it arrives too. But, her pictures might do better justice to the piece than mine. So, go take a peak at it. I can't wait until Monday when we can go to the post office and pick it up. I will be on pins and needles all day long, waiting to open the package. Thanks, Jen, for all your effort. I am thrilled beyond words. She creates the most incredible things. She has been in challenges with Seth Apter over at The Altered Page. I am happy to say that I have purchased some of his artwork too and have never been disappointed at what arrives. There are just so many wonderful artists. A person could go broke buying art. But what a glorious way to spend money!

1 comment:

  1. cool about the package you are receiving..i like th abstract art, kinda cool...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive