Monday, October 19, 2009

SATURDAY IN PETALUMA


Saturday we took a trip to Petaluma. It was just my daughters (twins) and my granddaughter and me. It was a wonderful day. The sun was shining, very few clouds in the sky, and we had the whole day to shop, take photos, and eat. We looked at some art in Sebastopol also at the end of the day. I am going to have to post those photos in groups because there are so many.

I had heard of an artist that lives there and he started doing these "junk art" sculptures and displaying them in his yard. The neighbors caught the "fever" and some of them purchased sculptures from him that they loved and starting displaying them in their own yards. These would sometimes "speak" to them of something that they loved or of a hobby or profession they loved. So, now the entire street (382 Florence Avenue, Sebastopol, Calif) has sculptures in the yards and it is a big hit with tourists. The artist is Patrick Amiot and you can see his work at: www.patrickamiot-brigittelaurent.com We arrived at Florence Avenue at the end of the day and so we were worried about it getting too dark and not being able to get photos but I got plenty!

The next couple of days I will post pictures of the entire day. Sorry it will take so long to view all the photos but it is better than jamming up everyone's internet capability. (I suppose there are "some" of you that are lucky and have high s
peed internet...not so out here in the country...I have satellite and yes, it is faster than dial-up but not as fast as "some" of you have...lucky you!!!) Does it sound like I am jealous here??? YOU BET!!! It wouldn't take me the better part of a day to look at all the wonderful blogs I want to look at if I had a faster connection. I am thankful for what I do have, let me say that, but I think it must be human nature to want what we don't have. Maybe I should work on that!!!


Upon first arriving and starting our walking tour of Petaluma, I saw this sticker on the back of someones car and just had to take a photo of it. I am sure there are some people who do not like our current President but for me, I am proud to have blackened/punched the small oval last year. I realize there are things that he has not implemented yet but I am willing to give him a few more months before making a final judgement. Like Michael Moore said on a special I watched yesterday on Link TV: if in a few more months he doesn't have us out of the wars, then it will be Obama's war, not Bush's. I agree. He inherited the mess we are in and as far as I can tell, he is saying things that still give me hope. I am willing to wait a few months. After all, I waited patiently for 8 YEARS!!! What's a few more months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive