Monday, March 1, 2010

A CURSE AND A BLESSING


This moon: it is beautiful. It is also romantic and bright and the subject of many poems and stories. I see all those things yet somehow, this moon, this glorious orb in the sky, grabs a hold of me once every month and shakes me. It makes me sleepless which in turn makes me sleepy!

I love how it lights everything up so bright that you don't need a flashlight when you walk outside. I hate how it lights everything up so bright that you don't need a flashlight when you walk outside. Do I have a love/hate relationship with this moon? Indeed I do!

And that's a good thing! Without the bad we cannot appreciate the good. Some might say that life should be all good. They would say that there should be no negativity in their lives, no sadness, no hunger, no tears. Yet, without these things there would be no awareness of the positive things in their lives, the happy times, the feasts, the smiles. So, love and hate? Yes, they are opposite sides of the same coin. You cannot have one without the other. A curse AND a blessing. Enjoy them BOTH!

3 comments:

  1. Yep. I was sleepless, as well. Groggy today. The new moon sends me into cleaning and rearranging frenzy, like a magpie and her nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ladies ladies ... is it the full moon or spring ? ... i know i go into rearranging EVERYTHING with the onset of spring ...

    that said, i so agree about the yin yang of positive/negatives .. the trick is to know self to recognise the negs and know its a process that will pass ... meantime enjoying the positives ...

    its still hot here but i am enjoying it knowing its a matter of time before it really turns ...

    and then you get spring ... hope your week is going along well >>> Gina
    http://fyneimages.blogspot.com/
    http://ginaseye.blogspot.com/
    http://fyneartstreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you buddy. Sometimes the moon is too bright, and we can't sleep for it's shining. Sometimes it leads us home.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive