Monday, March 15, 2010

MAGPIE TALES TUESDAY


My hands:

Feel.
Touch.
Scratch backs.

Hold books,
pens,
paint brushes,
needles and thread.

Grasp.
Pinch.
Clench.
Pet animals.

Whisk.
Chop.
Pour food.

Pray.
Reach.

Point fingers at me
and sometimes others
(mostly others---
my fatal flaw.)

Can I change procedures?
Pointing fingers?
With the help of
Other's (hands)
YES!
Hands that
Touch.
Caress.
Reach out.
Finesse.

My hands?
Shape words
such as "I love you"
on one hand.
Speak for me when my mouth
cannot.

Dictate.
Enunciate.
Adjudicate.
Enthusiastically state:

AMELIORATE.



8 comments:

  1. I am working on not judging, fixing or pointing fingers. I'm getting better but, some days are better than others. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONderful, Teri!! I especially like "scratch backs" and the reference to sign language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...and i think that is a challenge we could all help each other with...nice magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafty! busy hands, loving hands, humble hands... well done =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A veritable digital lexicon there Teri! I think it works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes all of that!
    I liked your list poem
    and the nice ending

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this piece, thank you for sharing…
    …rob
    Image & Verse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Teri. Your hands and you moving through your life. The hand is such a fine symbol for what we achieve!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive